The DESIGNER Series Switch, a low voltage switch input for lighting, fan, drape or similar applications, is member of INNCOM's Integrated Room Automation System (IRAS) and is available in various models.
The DESIGNER Switch can be equipped with up to 6 buttons (4 buttons on British size plates) used to meet application specific requirements. Additionally, each button is equipped with 2 LED's that act as an indicator or pilot light depending on the assigned function.
The Designer™ Series Switch is available in both US standard size and British size wall plates. Custom size plates are also available.
The DESIGNER™ Series Switch is designed using momentary contact switches that provide a tactical response when pressed. Switch button functionality can be blank or identified with an ICON or text. They are also provided with an LED that can be configured as a pilot light that provides visual orientation in a dark room or an indicator light that provides a visual status depending on the function of the button.
When a dimmer switch is used a quick press of the button will toggle the light ON or OFF. When the button is pressed and held the light brightness will ramp up or down depending on the configuration.
When a light is toggled ON or OFF the switch slowly ramps the light on or off providing a "soft" response to the function being performed.
The DESIGNER™ Series Switch is typically used as a low voltage input to control switched lights, a group of lights, or to set light moods or scenes. In addition to controlling lights it can be used to select and control fan run times or request service such as Butler, Maid or Food Tray Pickup.
The DESIGNER™ Series Switch is connected to an MCM-4 control module where the functions assigned to each switch are stored in software. This module is then connected to load bearing relays or dimmers that control lighting or other class 1 loads. When the switch is configured with multiple buttons, each button is assigned a separate value or function for controlling the light or lights.
When it is a member of the IRAS, any button on the switch can be configured to control lights or functions associated with any other device that is a member of the IRAS. Master ON/OFF and light scenes are typically used in this case; however, functions other than light control such as DND and MUR can also be assigned to these buttons.
- IECC code compliant - Master ON/OFF
- US or British wall plate size
- Integrated indicator/pilot light LED on switch
- Dimmable pilot lights
- Multi-button functionality
- Individual buttons configurable
- Configurable for light scenes
- 3-way /4-way switch capability
- Standalone or system [IRAS] compatible
- ADA capable for hearing impaired
- Custom colors available
- Custom Icons and Text for Switch buttons
- Model number family DS12xx
- 12 VDC, powered
- Dimensions: Fits US and British standard electrical boxes
- Accepts standard Decora® cover plates
- Standard colors: white, almond, black, chrome, brass
- Standard icons: DND, MUR, Temp Up, Temp Down, Lights, Drape Open, Drape Close, Sheer Open, Sheer Close
- FCC approved